Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Coronacation Diaries, Episode 25

Go Home, Michigan. You're Drunk.


Yesterday, I sat outside in the gorgeous sunshine for 5 hours while I Zoomed my AP Lit class, a staff meeting, and two student writing conferences.

Yesterday, I went on a socially responsible 7 mile walk on the Lake Lansing North trails with my "daughter from another mother." We both got sunburned; I now have a mean case of farmer's tan.

Yesterday, I took a picture of sloth-tree.

Yesterday, I did 10 sun salutations while I cooked dinner.

Today, I woke up and the sun was shining. And then it hailed.

Today, I sat inside, shivering under a blanket and drinking reheated coffee, while I wrote lesson plans for next week.

Today, I went to PT and was encouraged by my physical therapist to contact my surgeon to find out if I could gradually start running again. Surely, if I can walk 7 miles on trails, I can run for 30 seconds?

Today, I contacted my surgeon to ask said question. He said no.

Today, I spent $280 at Aldi to try to feed my family for the next week. (FYI: they are still out of Pop Tarts, chicken noodle soup, sparkling water, and toilet paper.) I had to aggressively play defense while all the Shipt shoppers wandered aimlessly through the store, no apparent pattern in mind, staring at their phones and touching everything.

Today, I pulled a muscle in my back at PT when the Total Gym slipped off the track but no one believed me.

Today, I am sitting in the recliner with a heating pad on my left shoulder, pain radiating up my neck, from a physical therapy session on my ankle.

Today, the sun shone. And then it hailed. And then it rained. And then it hailed some more.

Today, the kids ran outside, barefoot, scooping up handfuls of Dippin' Dots hail smooshing it between their fingers.


Today, I took pictures of daffodils in the snow.

Today, the Executive Order to "suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life" was expanded and extended until the end of April.

Today, it snowed on my sunburn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. I will approve on-topic and non-abusive comments. Thank you!